I wanted to take some time to talk about the best places from my point of view. Keep in mind I am a woman of color, and there are very few women of color here. I really have enjoyed my time here. What I have learned about PTown is that it has a very tiny population of children, this year's graduating senior class was 12. Sounds like San Francisco. I hardly see children around, except for the kids of tourist. PTown is a gay haven, and on some days, I see mostly gay men. I see less lesbian couples. That may have something to do with how expensive PTown has become. For the most part, I didn't see hardly any Latinos. The first thing I do when I hit a new spot is find the raza. I found a handful of Mexicanos from Puebla. They work at Arnold's Bike Shop and at Governor Bradford.
• For bike rentals: Arnold's Bike Shop, the folks speak Spanish here too
• For organic food, veggies, meats: Lembas Health Foods
I really would not recommend Grand Union for any organic stuff, there is no variety and no organic meats or poultry. Lembas carries non-hormone, organic frozen fish, beef,chicken, etc. The prices are a little expensive but so is bad health.
• For organic, vegan food: Tofu A Go Go, I hate that I always went when it was closed, so their hours are not that great.
• For a nice dinner with great food and nice folks: Martini House, Lorraine's, Lobster Pot and Level. I like these spots because they serve good, hearty vegetables. I really need to have some greens in my life, and I found that some of the other spots used too much salt and their veggies were limited and were not really fresh.
• Some other good eats were Pepe's & Post Office Cafe. However, most options on the menu have a lot of milk, cheesy stuff, meaty stuff. So I was not that crazy about it. I hated the food at Gov Bradford & Mayflower.
• Best Ferry Service during off season was definitely Bay State Cruises. But I noticed that the trip is more like 1 hr 45 minutes. I also always got my tix online.
• I really liked hangin out at Governor Bradford's for the Drag Karaoke show, which is every night at 9:30 pm. I even sang some Cindy Lauper. Ahh yeah!!!! Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
Here are some of my final pics of this town. There's not a place quite like this town I must say.